Sunday, October 28, 2018

Statement of Intent

Below is my statement of intent this is what I intent to do for my website, linked page and both magazine covers and content pages.

I intend to make a magazine front cover and a single sheet content page spread for both editions. For my first edition, I would like to make a cover for the autumn season using the theme of nature. In edition one, I want to portray chic and trendy fashion; which reach and address my target audience. The model will be wearing minimal makeup to coincide with the theme of nature. I also intent to take the photos for my front cover as a close up and for my content page I want to take a medium shot with both a lower and higher angle. I want to use the natural lighting afternoon light.  This edition will be about adventure and nature, sending the message of happiness and wanderlust. For my second edition, I would like to make a cover for the winter season with the theme of New Years and New Beginnings. I intend to present an alternative way of spending new years: staying at home. The models will be wearing winter clothing such as coats, jumpers or turtlenecks. I would like these to have a maximum of 3 to 4 features so it can focus on the model. The features in this edition will be about starting fresh and having fun, I want this to send the message of new beginnings. I would also like to take photos against different muted backgrounds to have colours connoted with winter. I will use the convention of placement of text and the size/font used in both the front covers. I will be portraying different social groups by having models of different ethnicity in the front covers and content page, and I will portray different issue, events and people through different features.

I intend to make both a home page and a linked page for my website. For my homepage, I intend to use features from both front covers, and images that were also used in my content pages. Similarly to existing fashion magazine websites, I want to have the features which stand out the most is the ones of the front cover models. Adding to this, I want my linked page to be an article of the front cover model from the first edition and be the first article on the website, on this article I want to have an audio/visual which I intend to make as an interview with the model. I intent to feature 3 articles from my content pages from various areas of a fashion magazine such as: fashion, beauty and travel.


The digitally convergent nature of my media products will be shown through my house style. This means that both the front covers, content pages and the website will feature the same masthead, typography and images which feature the same models. For continuity I will feature links to social media on both content pages and my linked page. I think that consumers will respond and interpret positively to my product as I have drawn inspiration from many already successful fashion magazines. Consumers will become producers themselves through the references to social media and encouragement throughout the product for them to communicate to the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Closed Blog Notification

Centre: NMBEC Centre No: 14343 Candidate Name: Beatriz Rodrigues Coelho Candidate No: 3181