Saturday, October 27, 2018

Flat Planning for the Front Covers and Content Pages


I have made a flat plan for both the front cover and content page for the autumn edition below:

FLAT PLAN FRONT COVER (AUTUMN):

I have used a brown and yellow colour scheme for this flat plan, to represent the colour of leaves during this time of the year. As I have planed to take this photo in the part I have added the feature with 'Autumn Adventure', adventure is commonly associated with the outdoors. I have made the masthead orange to match the clothing and background. I have used only four other features, these features relate to the autumn theme but I think that they could be improved to relate to the theme of nature more. I could also improve the positioning of the date of the issue, and make text of varying sizes of texts to make it stand out more. I have tried to follow the covers of Harper's Bazaar, such as the, placement of the text and the closeup photo. Here I have used the theme of nature and tried to portray this through the articles and colour scheme.

INSPIRATION FOR MAGAZINE FRONT COVER AND CONTENT PAGE:


























I have sourced my front cover from Harper's Bazaar, while for the content page I have sourced Grazia and their use of shapes and lone items around the main image.


FLAT PLAN CONTENT PAGE (AUTUMN):    

I have made used a similar colour scheme as the front cover, to have splashes of colour such as orange and yellow to create continuity throughout the magazine. I have added the areas that I will be exploring such as beauty and news, here I have said style instead of fashion but this may be subject to change onto fashion. As the house style all of the text will be places in the same order and the masthead and content will be black with a white background.  I am going to use the same font as the masthead fro the subheadings and the 'content' title and numbers. To have continuity with the theme of nature I am going to use a photo of another model in a similar setting and an alternative photo of the front cover model in the circle.





FLAT PLAN FOR FRONT COVER (WINTER):

 I have created used a blue colour scheme for the background and the clothes, I have also similarly to the autumn edition done the masthead the same colour as the clothing, the theme for this edition is the New Year, I have tried to portray this in the use of articles with the New Year; also similarly with the autumn edition flat plan, I need to make the size and typeface of the text change and make them more varied in sizes. I have tried creating a house style with the mentioning of the season and use of alliteration in both editions and the way that the features are laid out, such as fashion on the bottom left and the feature about London on the bottom right. The different theme changed the background that I have used but the font and placement of the text should be similar, I have also used a close up for both covers.


FLAT PLAN FOR CONTENT PAGE (WINTER):

I have tried to have a house style for the content page as well, I want to have a beauty item in both content pages such as in this content page where its nail polish the other content page it will be lipgloss, I have also changed the placement of the photos but tried to have the house style with the placement of the text and the circle imagery. In this cover I also plan to make the subheadings and numbers as the same font as the masthead. I am going to have continuity between this content page and the front cover through colour and the articles that are being featured.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Closed Blog Notification

Centre: NMBEC Centre No: 14343 Candidate Name: Beatriz Rodrigues Coelho Candidate No: 3181