Monday, October 1, 2018

Project and Brief



Related image

For the following project that I will be documenting in this blog the brief set is to make two front covers, two content pages and a working website for a new fashion magazine being launched by the Bauer Media Group, in this post I will be outlining what a brief is and some of the key information given to me in the brief, but first...

WHAT A BRIEF IS:

A brief is a document which defines what the outcome that a client wants from a project to the designer, in the dictionary this is defined as "a set of instructions given to a person about a job or task"

OUTLINE OF MY BRIEF:

  • The main objective is to produce two consecutive front covers and content pages for a new fashion magazine and a working website with one linked page
  • The content page must include at least four main images 

  • There must use a different setting for each magazine cover 
  • The web page must promote a new magazine to it's target audience and must make fans want to interact with the content
  • This fashion magazine is being launched by the Bauer Media Group who intend to sell it at retailers
    Image result for gif fashion magazine
  • The front cover and content page must feature a diverse range of fashion issues and and style appropriate to the target audience of 16 to 25 year old women from the AB class

WHAT I THINK:

I think that this project isn't brand new for me, as I have worked on a music magazine for my preliminary, but there will be new aspects of it such as the working website and the linked page which I have not done before. This being a fashion and not music magazine will also allow me to explore different ways of making a magazine cover as each genre of magazines have a different set of conventions and styles, which I think will be interesting to explore and develop my own similar style and convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Closed Blog Notification

Centre: NMBEC Centre No: 14343 Candidate Name: Beatriz Rodrigues Coelho Candidate No: 3181